18 November 2010

"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make--the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday was a great day. I was so grateful for everything in my life and I was just happy.

And then I got thrown into a funk.


These past 3 days I have felt sad, depressed, worried, anxious, irritated. And I couldn't figure out why. I haven't wanted to do ANYTHING. Except sit on the couch and watch ANTM and 25 Years of Sexy: People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive. I've been grouchy and lazy. Usually when I get tired of things in my life there is a little something inside of me that pushes me along and says "Keisha, get up. You have to do this hard thing, so get up and just do it. It won't be as bad as you are thinking it will be." And I get up and do it, and it ends up being okay.

Lately that resolve is gone.

I keep justifying and making excuses for everything. Lately my thing has been: "I only need a C. Only a passing grade. What's the point of trying to get good grades anymore? I'm almost done with college and then it won't matter." Yeah, great attitude--NOT! Plus at the rate I am going, I won't even get a passing grade.

I need to shape up. I need to find that resolve to do things that I don't want to because it will push me to be a better person. I need to stop worrying. 3 Ne. 13:34. Things will worry about themselves. Whatever is supposed to happen will happen. I need to stop worrying about looking stupid in front of people. Who really cares if I make mistakes? If I make mistakes then I learn faster, that's all I should care about.

Maybe I just need a vacation. Hopefully that's all I need. Thanksgiving Break is 5 days away. I can make it! I can be happy and do hard things!

**photo taken by Whitney Justesen

Smile as abuse is hurled your way and this too shall pass.



"The world may look down on you as you fight your way to the top, but as soon as you get there they will have no choice but to look up to you."
Allen Steble





Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood”
-Marie Curie



“No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land”
-Helen Keller

**photo taken by Whitney Justesen

“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth”
-Julie Andrews





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted this. I have had some very similar feelings lately. You'd think we'd work harder and be so much more motivated when we are so close to graduating! Hang in there! See you later :)

Rachel said...

I am sorry, talk to me! I am always there for you and I know how you are feeling! Love you!

keisha egbert said...

Thanks guys!! Love you both!