24 September 2010

I'm BACK!

It's almost been month since I blogged! What with school, homework, IWA, choir practices, crafts, socializing, catching up on Project Runway, and trying to get enough sleep, I have been too busy to blog. :( BUT i'm back, and I'm ready to get all these thoughts out of my head and into the blog world. There's been many a time that I woke up in the middle of the night and thought--OH! I should blog about that. Most of those ideas have be scratched when I woke up fully, and realized how weird they were--BUT some you will be privileged to read. (ha!)

#40: Walk to Class a Different Way. . .See What You've Been Missing

Yes, I'm still doing by 101 things to do before I graduate! I WILL finish! promise! :)



Even though school has only been going on for a month or so, I have already fallen into a routine. What can I say--I am a creature of habit. I like my routine to go exactly the same everyday, and if something happens to change that--I am not a happy camper. (I'm never a happy camper, but you get the picture.)
HOWEVER, I've realized that I need to have things change in my life or I won't grow. It always seems to happy that once I get comfortable, (in a calling, in school, in life) Heavenly Father throws me a curve ball and my life is once again changed. It's going to happen, so I need to learn to like change---yikes.
So I tried this simple change the other day, and walked a different way to class, and also took the long bus home. I am SO glad I did. I still got to class on time--(i think I was even earlier)--and I was able to see a different side of campus I hardly get to see. I wish I had my camera with me so I could've taken some pictures--fall is here in Logan and it is BEAUTIFUL! The bus ride was equally gorgeous. It was longer, but the trees were changing colors and I saw a part of Logan I never get to see either.
Overall, it was a good lesson: Change, although hard at first, can be beautiful! Challenge for you: Change one thing in your life. Whether it be something simple, like walking a different way to class; or something big, like getting up an hour earlier to exercise: pick something you are scared to change, and CHANGE it! You'll be happy you did. like this lady.

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

I think you will meet your eternal companion on that bus! Can the thing I change be eating more peanut butter m&m's every day? JK Keep blogging, I love hearing what you have to say!