01 October 2009

Dumpster Diving


So a few weeks ago I decided to be a good roommate and take out the 2 huge bags of garbage out to the dumpster before class. Everything was going well: I threw the first bag in just fine and then I was hauling the other bag over my head and the plastic wrapped around my big ring and ripped it off my finger and into the dumpster!! I was devastated! I loved that ring. :( But don't you worry. I called up my good friend Cami and asked if she wanted an adventure. She agreed, if not a little worried, but I assured her she would just be holding the door while I dug in the dumpster.
So that night when I got home I hauled a chair over to the dumpster (which luckily hadn't been emptied yet) and jumped in. I sorted through all the disgusting sticky garbage for what seemed like forever while Cami laughed up a storm. While I was searching, Cami's laugh brought over a pair of the nicest people. They asked if I was looking for my wedding ring. . .and so as not to look pathetic, and thinking they would just leave with a "good luck" I lied and said--Yes, i'm looking for my wedding ring. Well, they didn't leave, and stayed until I found my non-wedding ring, so I had to confess that I really hadn't been looking for my wedding ring, and I felt bad. :( BUT good news--I found my ring!!! YAY!! I am soooo happy! and it ended up being a great memory!! :) Thanks for your help Cami!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! You must have really loved your ring. I am so glad you found it!

Stephanie said...

Gross! College girls will do anything!!!!

Sara Ann said...

Haha, soooo funny. Last Christmas I threw some presents away and Neil went dumpster diving for them. I am glad you found your ring, what a great story!

The Van Tassell's said...

Ha ha, you are so awesome! I can totally see you doing something like that, which is a compliment because most people wouldn't be brave enough to do that! I'm sure glad you found your ring and it sounds like you're having so much fun at school! I'm happy for you :D

keisha egbert said...

Thanks for all your comments! I love to read what you have to say!!! I'm glad you thought it was funny if not gross! ;) love you all!