27 October 2009

Pumpkins, Birthdays, and Snow!

This is what I woke up to today:


At first I groaned a bit, but then I started to smile and I haven't stopped all day! I love the snow, the cold, and the beautiful way it makes campus look!:


Yesterday my friends Cami and Kamille came over and we attempted to carve pumpkins. I've never carved a whole pumpkin by myself before, so this was a new adventure for me. Here's how mine turned out!! :)


He's so cute! and my friend Rachael Ray taught me how to make gourmet pumpkin seeds and they were DELICIOUS!! She also taught me that if you put cinnamon or another delicious smell on the bottom of the lid of the pumpkin, it will smell up your whole house when you light the candle! Brilliant right? I thought so!
Here's Kamille and Cami and I with our cute pun'kins.


Story number 3: Last year my roommate Erin got me addicted to the band Hanson, and just being our goofy self's, we would celebrate the Hanson boys birthdays for them. Well, Erin wasn't here this year, so I had to celebrate without her. :( But don't worry, she was here in spirit (and in a drawing). :)


Here is Erin with the birthday banner and the cake mix cookie and candle!


We did all the things Zac Hanson would have loved to do on his birthday. Who knew he loved painting nails and watching chick flicks?
Erin's nails:


and mine:


3 things I love most/am grateful for:



NEW YORK CITY

Mythology
My Laptop!!!

2 comments:

The Van Tassell's said...

Oh my goodness girl, look at you and all of the fun you're having! I'm so happy for ya! I love to read your blog, it always puts a smile on my face! :) I didn't know that about the cinnamon in the pumpkins, that's a GREAT idea! And looks like you celebrated Zac Hanson's birthday in a way that'd make 'em proud! :) LOVE YA!

keisha egbert said...

You are so sweet darling!!! Rachael Ray is brilliant I tell ya--she always has great ideas! :) I'm glad you read about Zac's birthday--you're the only one besides Erin that really understands my obsession! ;) love you girl!!!