03 September 2009

Opps and an Art Supply Lesson

So, last year, in my class from hell, we were doing a group project and we got the first half of our paper back and it had 3 different grades on it, 2 were crossed off with a little note that said OPPS! Yes, opps. Not oops. . .opps. Our whole group had to stifle laughs until the end of class and now everytime I make an oops I think of extremely smart professors at USU. SO today was the start of a 3 day "wear your college colors day"--which I forgot, of course. So I get up to campus and I'm walking around in a sea of blue in this color:

OPPS! :)

ALSO:

Why is it that no one in any art supply store in Logan knows what Vellum is? Michaels, USU Bookstore, Hobby Lobby, etc and asked at least 2 people in each place where the Vellum is and the answer I got was this: " . . . . . . vellum?" So, I decided to give everyone a lesson on what vellum is so you won't be caught off guard and make me angry :)

THIS is vellum. It is a see-through paper that is used for drafting so you can see your lines underneath and make a crisp line. It's also used for scrapbooking. :) Now you know. Amen.

6 comments:

Sara Ann said...

Wow Keisha oops is right! Don't you know who the aggies are playing tonight?! JK, I almost wore a red sweater today. And people are so dumb, how did none of those people know what vellum is? Oh boy.

Andrea Brown said...

I love that you say hell on your blog. YOU are awesome! As for the orange don't beat yourself up..I think your great and thats all that really matters!

Stephanie said...

I laughed right out loud reading your blog. So glad you are on the team! (And you come by your swearing genetically - Grandpa Grover!! - opps!)

keisha egbert said...

haha!! thanks for all your comments! I love to read what you write and I'm glad you got a laugh out of it! haha. :) Sara--i'm soooo glad you know what vellum is! i thought i was the only one after the time that I had looking for it. Andrea--i think YOU are great!! :) can't wait to see you this weekend! Aunt Stephanie--i'm glad i have a little of grandpa grover in me! :) can't wait to see you too this weekend! :)

Rachel said...

haha! I know what vellum is, they use it for wedding announcements too! I wore red today...opps :)

The Van Tassell's said...

Lol, Keish I'm very sorry to say that I really didn't know what vellum was, so I'm glad you educated me. Now, if you'd said, "where can I find the see-through paper, like the kind they use on wedding announcements" I totally would've understood that ;) ha ha. You're blog is super cute and fun to read! I have a blog too if you ever get a chance to check it out :)