17 March 2011

we're just drinking tonight. . .



My bestie Naomi and her husband Raulon took me out for a night on the town for my birthday. We started the night out at their cute house and made a huge spread of Chinese food. from scratch!! it was SO fun to be with Naomi--she is such a sweetheart and I'm so lucky to have her as a friend. Beef and Broccoli, Spring Rolls, Fried Rice, Sweet and Sour Chicken. I was in HEAVEN!


We used a new ingredient. . .gingeroot (read: gingerROO!) . It looks like gnarly finger. . .needless to say--we had quite a fun time with that. :)


THEN!! after eating the meal we slaved (haha. . .) over we went to the Beehive Grill for rootBEERS at the BAR!! WHOO! It was so fun! We even had to show our ID's and everything. I. am so. cool.


LUCKILY Raulon was our designated driver. We got a little crazy after all that alcohol. Oh and did I forget to mention that we went back to the house and watched an episode (or three) of Smallville? Clark Kent after 2 rootbeers was almost a little to much to handle. Being 21 is great!


I'm so lucky to have these two as friends! I love you both!!!! Thank you for the fantastic night!

1 comment:

The Van Tassells said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you had as much fun as we did! And I'm so glad that Raulon actually got to hang out with you for once too-he really enjoyed your company, just like I do!! Thank YOU for the fantastic night and for being my best friend! :o)