12 October 2010

So I did it.
I gave in and started reading these.



Usually I HATE reading, wearing, doing anything that EVERYONE and their dog are also reading, wearing, doing.

Example 1: Twilight. I read it. about a month before the whole world went Twilight crazy. Yes, I still like it, but I would like it a whole lot more if only a few people knew about it.

Example 2: Those crocheted headbands. They are cute! Yes, but I will never own one because the whole town has one.



There are many more examples, and yes, maybe I am rude to wish Twilight and Stephenie Meyer didn't get so famous. Yes, maybe I'm missing out on the "new style" because of my stubbornness. BUT I like being different. I LIKE being unique and having a unique style. But I also like good things. Good books, good music, good clothes. And good things have a tendency to become obsessively popular. I guess for now I will have to just suck it up though because I'm in love.

These books are AWESOME! really. i'm not just saying that cause everyone thinks they're cool. i promise. I am amazed by Suzanne Collins' imagination and ideas. Plus--she makes you fall in love with the characters from the first page. Which to me means you are a good writer. Now I'm so in love with the characters though that I want to marry one of them and be best friends with the other.



Too bad they are fictional.

No comments: