21 October 2010

Better Than. . .

I've stared to try to make 2 new recipes a week for dinner. I love cooking and I want to be able to have my trial run of different recipes now, so that later in my life when I am even more busy (is that even possible?) then I will be able to make more than chicken, or worse--ramen noodles.
The other day I tried this delicious chicken salad. I put too many onions in it. Seriously--you couldn't go into the kitchen without your eyes watering. So now I know. Trial and Error--that is how you become great!

I also made this treat on Sunday afternoon. YUM!


I'll even put the recipe on here so you can try it--it is so easy and takes less than 30 min from oven pre-heat to mouth.

Salted Toffee-Chocolate Graham Cracker Squares
from Everyday Food and PinkofPerfection Blog
makes 24

13 graham crackers
1 8-ounce bag toffee bits*
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup (4 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place graham crackers in a single layer on sheet, edges touching. Sprinkle toffee bits and almonds over graham crackers.

In a small saucepan, bring sugar and butter to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is syrupy, about 2 minutes. Immediately pour over graham crackers. Bake until sugar topping is bubbling, 12 minutes.

Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate and salt over graham crackers. With a sharp knife, cut into 2-inch squares. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container, up to 1 week.

*Note: I just chopped up a few Heath bars. I've heard you can also use Butterfinger for a different take.


Cousin Rachel even said that they tasted better than. . . Chris Pine looked. WOW--that's a complement. :) I'm sure you would have rather been eating them with him rather than me, but thanks for not saying it out loud.

Just one more for the road.

Plus! One for Sara. ;)


2 comments:

Sara Ann said...

Bwaaah ha ha, awesome:)

Unknown said...

Just had to let you know that your awesome blog inspired me to extreme makeover my blog. Hehe. You are awesome! Have a great day ^_^